So I like to call this home screen "Simplistic", because it is so simple. You don't need to be an uber-customizer in order to get these on your device. So without further ado, I present to you, my first home screen, SIMPLISTIC:
Sorry for the huge images, but I currently don't have an image processing software in my PC and I can't figure out how to resize them in Kinja. The device is a LG G3.
Here's how I did it:
- Nove Launcher Prime - although the free version might work too, I am not really sure. This is the only paid app on the list.
- Blitz Icon Pack (Free)
- Amber Weather for the weather widget on the home screen
- Batter Widget Reborn 2015 for the battery widget on the home screen
- Jack's Music Widget for the music widget on the second screen
- Drippler for the widget on the third screen
- The wallpaper was under the Texture category in an app called "Best Wallpapers QHD" by Catple
There are 4 pages and two dock rows. I use quite a few apps everyday and my goal was to somehow stash all the apps that I actively use on the home screen and docks. I define actively use and passively use a little differently - apps that I actively use are apps that I have to start myself, while passive use apps are ones that I open when I receive a notification. You might notice, therefore, that I don't have GMail or Todoist on my screens even though I use them a lot. This is because Todoist is always there on my Recent Apps and I never compose emails using my phone. There are a few other apps that I 'actively' use, but because I rarely venture into them, they are also missing from my home screen.
The screen is all about the placement of apps. I don't have a lot of information on my screen mostly because it's not a mainframe computer that I need to monitor continuously. I've used Nova's flexibility in the placement of apps to its fullest extent which results in a beautiful home screen.
Hope you guys liked it :)
awesomeaniruddh (Aniruddh Agarwal)